- Home >
- Training & Scheduling
Each new user must be trained on the equipment before access is allowed. Training for CLSM consists of a 2 hour session in the morning, followed by a 2 hour "user-driven" session the following day. You are strongly encouraged to use the equipment soon after training, so you do not forget what you have learned. Training for other equipment consists of a 1 hour training session. Contact Dr. Wendy Peer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule training sessions.
Follow-up training and refresher sessions can be scheduled as needed. This usually takes around 30 minutes. Contact Dr. Wendy Peer (email@example.com) to schedule a follow-up session.
REM requires everyone who uses the LSM 710 to take Laser Safety Training. You will need to fill out a REM laser safety training form.
On-line training is available at https://blackboard.purdue.edu/webct/pmSelfRegister.dowebct?actionType=SelfRegistration§ionId=674183676101&courseId=665505184071
You need to take "Class 3b and 4 laser safety training".
On-line laser safety training must be completed before your training session.
A Laser Safety Guide is also available.
- Booking of the equipment before use is compulsory.
- Do not reserve the equipment more than 2 weeks in advance.
- Do not reserve the equipment for more than 4 hours a day. Time-lapse experiments exceeding 4 hours should be notified in advance and, if possible, scheduled after 6 pm or during the weekend.
- Please cancel no later than 12 hours before planned use of instrument.
- While booked, you are responsible for the equipment, even if you do not use it.
- Notify us of any failure of the system.
After finishing, check the online schedule:
- If someone is booked after you, make sure the person arrives before you leave. If not, notify us.
- If you are the last user of the day, switch off the system following the guidelines of the equipment.
Equipment is available to trained users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to trained users.
Zeiss, Nikon and Olympus recommendations and ergonomic analyses indicate that a 2 hour session is optimal. A maximum 4 hour session can be booked in the peak hours of any given day. Really, you do get too tired to do a good job if you work any longer. There are no restrictions on the length of time reserved in off-peak hours. Contact Dr Wendy Peer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for options if your experiment requires more than 4 hours for completion or if you have any other scheduling questions.
Online scheduling for all equipment is available on the web:
Please select email@example.com (life.science.fluorescence.imaging.facility) as the administrator when you request your reservation. We appreciate it if you make reservation requests during normal business hours. E-mail confirmation of reservation requests made outside of normal hours may not be received until the next business day.
If you haven't used RAT before, step-by-step instuctions are available here.
Please cancel reserved time slots by 5 pm the day before your reservation or no later than 12 hours before planned use of instrument to open the time slot to another user. Reserved time slots must be cancelled at least two hours before hand to avoid automatic billing for two hours.