Bigger Profits Through Targeted Sales workshop April 23
The Bigger Profits through Targeted Sales workshop will be April 23 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Wesley Manor Retirement Community in Frankfort, Ind.
"To be successful in today's marketplace, small business owners must have clearly defined marketing and sales strategies," said Jane Anderson, senior project manager for The New Ventures Team. "Products must be well positioned in the marketplace, priced competitively, easily available and aggressively promoted in order to be profitable."
The workshop will lead participants through successful marketing, promotional and selling strategies. Participants will build their own personalized marketing action plan and sales strategy that can be implemented immediately.
Sessions include marketing and sales, defining the product and positioning segmentations, as well as implementing a marketing action plan.
The workshop schedule is:
* 7:30-8:15 a.m. -- Registration and continental breakfast
* 8:15-8:45 a.m. -- Program overview
* 8:45 a.m. to noon -- Lectures and group interaction, introduction to marketing and sales, defining the product and positioning, segmentation and targeting, competitive analysis and differential advantage, distribution and price strategy, and marketing action plan.
* Noon to 1:45 p.m. -- Lunch, interview with guest entrepreneur, facilitated group discussion and implications for marketing action plan.
* 1:45-6 p.m. -- Lectures and group interaction, promotional strategy, selling strategy, group interaction and sharing of marketing action plan and wrap-up.
The registration fee for the workshop is $120 per person. Register online at https://www.agecon.purdue.edu/cab/NewVentures/BiggerProfits2008Frankfort/Register.asp .
The Clinton County Chamber of Commerce will rebate $45 of the registration fee for the first 25 people who register. In order to qualify for the rebate participants must have a business or reside in Clinton County.
For more information about the workshop visit https://www.agecon.purdue.edu/cab/NewVentures/BiggerProfits2008Frankfort/ . The workshop is sponsored by the Purdue Extension New Ventures Team.