Free Ohio State beekeeping webinar series starts in April
Beekeepers in Ohio and beyond are invited to attend a free, monthly, educational webinar series taught by Ohio State University experts, starting April 18.
The webinar series, offered by Ohio State's Bee Lab, will employ the Adobe Connect format. Those interested in participating will need a computer with Internet connection or an iPad or iPhone with the Adobe Connect app.
Regardless of the device used to access the webinars, participants first need to join the Bee Lab contact list by visiting http://go.osu.edu/beelablist . Webinar log-in instructions will be provided.
"These beekeeping webinars were designed for beekeepers and others interested in bees to learn current information about honey bee hive management through the season," said Denise Ellsworth, Ohio State's honey bee and native pollinator education coordinator.
"Participants can view the presentation live and submit questions. Additionally, all webinars will be archived on the Bee Lab website ( http://beelab.osu.edu ) the next day, so beekeepers don't have to participate in the live session to benefit from the information shared."
Webinar dates and topics are:
* April 18, Hive Health Diagnostics, Barb Bloetscher, entomology research assistant and Ohio Department of Agriculture state apiarist.
* May 16, Pesticides In and Around the Hive, Reed Johnson, assistant professor of apiculture, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC).
* June 20, Mites and Honey Bees, Jim Tew, retired honeybee specialist, OSU Extension.
* July 18, Planning Now for Winter Preparation, Bloetscher.
* Aug. 15, Questions from the Hive, Johnson.
* Sept. 19, Marketing Bee Products, Julie Fox, OSU South Centers at Piketon.
* Oct. 17, Putting the Hive to Bed for Winter, Kim Flottum, editor, Bee Culture magazine.
For more information, contact Ellsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-263-3723.
OARDC and OSU Extension are the research and outreach arms, respectively, of Ohio State's College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.